One of my earliest dreams (aside from that one with Lisa Welchel and Nancy McKeon) was to have my own radio station which played all of my favorite songs and had me, you know, saying funny shit in between songs. Part of this might have been a remnant of hearing tapes of my Uncle Burl doing that very thing, and part of it might have been my massive ego, and another part might have been that I listen to a lot of music and have always felt that the experience could only be improved by my witty repartee. Fortunately, Pinky's Paperhaus came along last month to fulfill my fantasy (and if Lisa Welchel is reading -- let's hook that shit up, girl!) and now, through the miracle of Technicolor, you can podcast it (though without all the music) or download it or stream it (with all this hits in place!).
Here are a few highlights:
1. The definitive Michael Silverblatt impersonation.
2. "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangster" by the Geto Boys.
3. "Stay" by Coal, which for Chasing Amy fans is that one song from the never-made soundtrack that you can never find, because it was never released -- it plays over the scene of Ben Affleck and Joey Lauren Adams breaking up and then into the scene where Ben talks about said break up with Silent Bob and Jay.
4. I say some un-nice things about Casey Kasem.
5. For old friends: The Jim Voice.
6. An in-depth discussion on how I wrote Living Dead Girl, which, upon listening to it, makes me think that I wish I knew how the hell I was writing it at the time like I do now.
7. The aforementioned funny shit.